Firefox messege
Welcome, Guest.
The Chatroom is BACK! --Spatry

Author Topic: Firefox messege  (Read 36 times)

Offline Benny

Firefox messege
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to cupoflinux.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
problem i don't understand ?
What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 9/13/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh cupoflinux.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
I don't understand , just open de site and get this ?

Offline fraterchaos

• Mandelbrot Metal Mayhem!
  • Staff Member
  • Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:35:34 PM »
I had that issue logging on today as well. I just told firefox to ignore it and "accept the risk"

Now that it is loading the page, I notice that it's still trying to show the security issue page in the page header, although the rest of the page loads fine and when I open separate threads they work and the header looks normal. But no amount of refreshing seems to fix the header on the main forums list page...

not sure what would cause this
Science, like Nature, must also be tamed... with a view towards it's preservation. -- Rush

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Re: Firefox messege
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »
the header shows as an error on chrome i had to log in thru youtube i sent a message in the mods part to spatry
Friends don't let friends use WIndows or Mac OS.

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
Re: Firefox messege
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:28:57 AM »
Sounds like someone needs to renew their SSL Cert. I got the error too, it's typically safe to ignore the security risk since we know what COL is, who it's community members are, and who Spatry is.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login HP EliteBook 850 G3 i5-6300U Intel HD Graphics 520 16GB DDR4 512GB M.2 NVMe 480GB SSD