HELLO From Spatry!
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: HELLO From Spatry!  (Read 22479 times)

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: HELLO From Spatry!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 07:59:35 AM »
Hello Spatry! My name is Kenneth and I'm one of your subscribers on YouTube.

Welcome to the COL community Ian Gordon and Kenneth! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Definitely don't hesitate to reach out to any of the mods if you have any questions. We'll see you out there on the boards.

Offline StefansART

Re: HELLO From Spatry!
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2017, 09:36:59 PM »
Spartry, it was You that woke up my interest for Linux. Ok, i did run Linux Red Hat 5.2 on my IBM Aptiva that were shipped with Windows 95. I knew that about emulate three buttons on a mouse. After that it did run amazingly well, when You did choose the right packages.

Todau Linux does amaze me, it finds almost any hardware. If it doesn't internet can provide You with workarounds.

I really wish to get away from Windows. I utterly hate Windows 8.x and 10 ! I am a XP-fan but i think i need a replacement.....

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »
Spartry, it was You that woke up my interest for Linux. Ok, i did run Linux Red Hat 5.2 on my IBM Aptiva that were shipped with Windows 95. I knew that about emulate three buttons on a mouse. After that it did run amazingly well, when You did choose the right packages.

Todau Linux does amaze me, it finds almost any hardware. If it doesn't internet can provide You with workarounds.

I really wish to get away from Windows. I utterly hate Windows 8.x and 10 ! I am a XP-fan but i think i need a replacement.....

Q4OS works well as a XP-replacement. Runs on TDE, however the only commonly-used feature missing from it today is window snapping. Otherwise, it is a very fast distro. Would highly recommend! Especially on older hardware.

Offline flash1van

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2018, 01:10:16 AM »
Hi and glad you are back in a big way. I watched you a while back then you disappeared. I enjoy your content and hope to see much more.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
Hi and glad you are back in a big way. I watched you a while back then you disappeared. I enjoy your content and hope to see much more.
Having decent equipment has certainly helped (Thanks Joe) to bring back the show... Glad you love the new content and I appreciate you taking the time to drop in and say hello.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline amine

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »
hello spatry this is amine from algeria 

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2018, 06:47:37 PM »
Thanks for dropping in to say hi, amine! welcome to the community.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
Welcome almine! Glad to have you here. :)