Spatry's Must HAVE Android Apps!
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: Spatry's Must HAVE Android Apps!  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
Re: Spatry's Must HAVE Android Apps!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
QuickPic is really must have picture gallery app for android.
that app is really small, fastest, complete free and ad free picture gallery app.

spats, you must test this app soon as possible! ;D

Offline Mocha

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »
I'd be really interested if you decided to an update for your Android applications Spatry.  I have a few applications in mind you could review.  An example of the one I use daily is Tasker. 
If you're needing assistance feel free to message me.

If you're wanting to get some basic knowledge on who I am, feel free to ask.  In short, I'm just a coder who writes in C (Unix) and Java.  I am also a GNU/Linux advocate.  In my spare time I enjoy doing malware removal as well.  ;)

Offline Artex

• Posting from my Practice Room
    • ~/project/MusicEd
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 05:32:42 PM »
I just watched your video series, Spatry. 

Here are some apps I use that you should check out.
Niagara Launcher - Really helpful for phones.  You can scroll through all your apps very quickly. It has great built in widgets, custom font support (pro), and I don't have to fiddle with it too much.  Updated regularly with new features.  https://github.com/8bitPit/Niagara-Issues/releases
Kiwi Browser - Fast! Built in night mode (for late night browsing) and ad block.
Pocket Casts - podcast player that is fantastic
Telegram X - Messaging with friends and family
Youtube Vanced - Youtube client with an adblocker, background audio, and themeing support. Go to www.vanced.app
Fella - alternative facebook client w/ less permissions
IFTTT - if this then that. Automation of activities
Sync for Reddit - Reddit client with tons of features
-- Artex, fellow tinker-er --

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 06:52:34 AM »
I just watched your video series, Spatry.

Here are some apps I use that you should check out.
Niagara Launcher - Really helpful for phones.  You can scroll through all your apps very quickly. It has great built in widgets, custom font support (pro), and I don't have to fiddle with it too much.  Updated regularly with new features.  https://github.com/8bitPit/Niagara-Issues/releases
Kiwi Browser - Fast! Built in night mode (for late night browsing) and ad block.
Pocket Casts - podcast player that is fantastic
Telegram X - Messaging with friends and family
Youtube Vanced - Youtube client with an adblocker, background audio, and themeing support. Go to www.vanced.app
Fella - alternative facebook client w/ less permissions
IFTTT - if this then that. Automation of activities
Sync for Reddit - Reddit client with tons of features

I'd like to contribute to this somewhat and add some of the power of FOSS!

For Podcasts I'd actually recommend AntenaPod as it's open source. Transistor is an amazing internet radio program if you're into that sort of thing.

I'd recommend instead of using Telegram X use the normal Telegram app as it's open source

Instead of YouTube Vanced use NewPipe as it's open source and bar none the best YouTube client on Android!