How to Remove/Exclude ANY SITE from your Google Searches PERMANENTLY
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: How to Remove/Exclude ANY SITE from your Google Searches PERMANENTLY  (Read 226 times)

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
Tutorial from:

http://westsideelectronics.com/how-to-remove-exclude-any-site-from-your-google-searches-permanently/

In this case, I HATE Pinterest, especially in my Google search results. So here's a nice way to completely remove that cancer of a website.

Code: [Select]
{google:baseURL}search?q=+-site:pinterest.*+%s&{google:RLZ}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:iOSSearchLanguage}{google:searchClient}{google:sourceId}{google:contextualSearchVersion}ie={inputEncoding}
Use that code to add a new search engine into Google Chrome /Chromium.

For me, it works like a charm, very happy with it. Now if I can find the time to figure out how to do this for Firefox.....

Custom Linux PC Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 16GB DDR3 256GB M.2 NVMe 5.5TB Storage

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
Re: How to Remove/Exclude ANY SITE from your Google Searches PERMANENTLY
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 01:47:57 AM »
I stopped using google a long time ago, I won't support companies that promote censorship.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:58 PM »
Very true, I feel the same way because I absolutely can't stand censorship and ads. However, I also can't stand using poor/er quality software if I don't have to. For now, I'm noticing Google Chrome is much smoother and pleasant to use than Firefox. Sad too, I love Firefox and always have but it feels so choppy anymore in comparison.

Firefox is supposedly making a huge overhaul soon, can't wait to see what they're cooking up. I'd still like to figure out how to filter out pinterest search results in this manner using Firefox, though.

As far as Google, the search engine, goes. There's no denying that it's far superior than anyone else. DDG is close, and getting better, but since Google has so many other services that I use it makes no sense to me to use another search engine.

At the end of the day, to each their own.
Custom Linux PC Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 16GB DDR3 256GB M.2 NVMe 5.5TB Storage

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 08:57:34 AM »
Lets not forget there are plugins you can use to filter out any site on your browser. I hate to say this but sometimes BING and Google will provide better results than DDG so it is probably better not to limit yourself in terms of search options.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!