Clear Linux OS by Intel
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Clear Linux OS by Intel  (Read 235 times)

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
Clear Linux OS by Intel
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:29:47 PM »
Clear Linux OS is quite an impressive Linux distribution. It specializes in optimized Intel CPU performance, which is honestly what grabbed my attention, but their focus is mostly towards developers. Compared to Ubuntu, the difference is quite noticeable on both my laptop and my desktop.

It's still in its infancy as I believe it's only been available to the public for about 4 years, so bare in mind that some simpler tasks that can be done in Ubuntu will require some more terminal dirty work. However the reward is well worth the extra effort, and once you're done, you're done!

Give it a spin on a spare drive or in a VM, you may be as impressed as I am!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxA-vim715w&feature=emb_logo

Oh, and another really cool thing about this distribution is the way you can factory reset it.

You can delete /etc/, and /var/, and then use swupd repair

I'm not entirely sure if this is unique to Clear Linux OS, or if this is true with all/most other Linux distributions. Regardless, it's the first I've heard of this and seemed heavily implied that it's unique to Clear Linux OS here...

https://community.clearlinux.org/t/how-to-go-back-to-clear-linuxs-factory-settings/2068/2
Custom Linux PC Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 16GB DDR3 256GB M.2 NVMe 5.5TB Storage

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Clear Linux OS by Intel
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 07:30:19 AM »

WOW... a bunch of these... OK... you got my attention.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
Re: Clear Linux OS by Intel
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:05:07 AM »
Hahaha, sorry. I've been keeping notes on my forums and finally got to a point where I wanted to share with everyone in case they wanted to try Clear Linux and ran into the same challenges. ;D
Custom Linux PC Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 16GB DDR3 256GB M.2 NVMe 5.5TB Storage