Rare to Find Women Running Linux on Youtube.
Welcome, Guest.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Rare to Find Women Running Linux on Youtube.  (Read 537 times)

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
Rare to Find Women Running Linux on Youtube.
« on: May 17, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »
It's been rare for me to find Women running Linux on youtube.  I was just looking for a video, that is several years old.  I couldn't remember the person's channel so I started looking through all the different Linux Youtubers I'm subscribed too.  Then I had to look through all the Linux Channels on youtube.  I found this little channel.  Currently Only 10 Subscribers.  Linux for Poets

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Rare to Find Women Running Linux on Youtube.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 06:34:12 PM »
Nixie Pixel and SysAdminGirl are the only ones I know of... Would be nice to see more ladies doing Linux.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:05:01 PM »
Nixie Pixel and SysAdminGirl are the only ones I know of... Would be nice to see more ladies doing Linux.

I heard of those before.
When I was listening to Total OS Today I came across this person.
Coding Commanders

caitlinV3 builds computers.  I saw she did something with Linux on instagram.  But I don't do anything with instagram.

Today I also came across this one:
Women In Linux

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 07:12:53 AM »
Just because you do not see women using Linux much on YouTube does not mean they are not using it in general. I introduced Linux to several ladies from my church and they have been using it for years now...Once we see manufacturers offering more Linux alternatives (besides chromebooks) in the marketplace, there will be more variety on video platforms as well.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 07:51:24 AM »
Just because you do not see women using Linux much on YouTube does not mean they are not using it in general. I introduced Linux to several ladies from my church and they have been using it for years now...Once we see manufacturers offering more Linux alternatives (besides chromebooks) in the marketplace, there will be more variety on video platforms as well.

I thought of 3 other Women I saw on  youtube running Linux to do a task.

As far as real life goes.  I only know of one woman who might be using Linux.  I put Linux Mint on her laptop.  I haven't seen her in years.