Glimplse - gimp fork
Welcome, Guest.
Happy 2020 Folks!

Author Topic: Glimplse - gimp fork  (Read 328 times)

Online aDewil

• Contributor
Glimplse - gimp fork
« on: November 24, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »
copypaste from news page:
In the world of open source community, forking means you can freely experiment a project with whatever changes you want, without affecting the original resources. Mentioned by TheNextWeb, The Register, and other top design and news sites, Glimpse  is a recent noteworthy fork of GIMP, one of the world's biggest open source photo editors.
link to news page where you can read whole news article:
https://www.minicreo.com/news/glimpse-image-editor.html

what i read from news page that they start making new user interface for glimpse and at moment glimpse looks completly same as gimp.
more info you can found from news page and glimpse homepage.

Glimpse homepage:
https://glimpse-editor.org

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Glimplse - gimp fork
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 05:21:52 PM »
I thought that was interesting myself. Ended up seeing an article on Facebook about Glimpse. Looks exactly the same, except with all of the separate editing windows consolidated into one. Will be interested to see the changes that they implement here in the future to distinguish the project.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 06:45:28 PM »
It would have been nice if they mentioned a list of changes... the screenshot looks like the gimp dev build. I guess this sits on the backburner until they actually implement their intended changes to the project.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline CwF

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »
"they created this fork because they did not like the GIMP name."
that's one quote about their reason for existence. The name is already taken by GLobal IMPlicit SEarch, but that's ok, looks like they're more important