What a cool community
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: What a cool community  (Read 769 times)

Offline chickapinfalls

What a cool community
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »
I have to say how impressed I am with this community.  I just joined this evening and am blown away at the support I see here.  Bravo everyone.  I'm glad I can now be a part of this.
My background.  I've been a Systems Administrator for a School District in Oregon for the last 16 years and have been the department supervisor for about the last 6 years.  My team and I manage about 90 servers and about half of those are linux servers (Debian).  I am the only "linux guy" at the District, but it wasn't until about a month ago that I went to linux on my desktop.  I tried many distros and finally settled on Manjaro.  What a fantastic distro it is. 
I hope to learn lots of good information from y'all as I'm sure many, if not most of you are better than I am at using Linux.  I also hope that I can assist with things with some of the background knowledge I have as well.
God Bless,
Chuck

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: What a cool community
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 12:50:15 AM »
Welcome to the community Chuck! Glad to have you with us. Please let us know if you ever have any questions.

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 06:22:00 PM »
Welcome Chuck, and good to see another Manjaro head here!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 09:59:21 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and welcome to the community, Chuck!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline joejohnston3

• Super Supporter
  • Staff Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:05:57 PM »
Yes, we are glad to have you here and that you feel comfortable! Lots of good feedback and resources here and thank you for the greeting.
Joe Johnston

Offline pip5528

• The Pipsqueak!!!
  • Staff Member
  • Technology nerd, audiophile, musician, gamer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 06:51:06 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the community! Pretty cool to meet a system administrator!
My name may be Pip, but I'm not that small!

Offline r4nd0m c4n4d14n

• Certified ethical hacker certificates to prove
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 09:29:27 PM »

Happy to have found some smart and enthusiastic folk to help learn and have some fun! 8)
r4nd0m c4n4d14n