Prime OS - Android for desktop pc and laptops
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: Prime OS - Android for desktop pc and laptops  (Read 5421 times)

Offline aDewil

• Contributor
Prime OS - Android for desktop pc and laptops
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:45:17 PM »
android for dekstop/latop computers.

Main Page:
https://primeos.in/

Download page:
https://primeos.in/download/
check this before for download right edition for your cpu release year
PrimeOS Mainline 64 bit (for newest systems 2014+) -
Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2014, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 5th gen or above OR Intel celeron N4000 OR AMD A8 7410 etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for both Intel and AMD GPUs, however, if you use a desktop and have a Nvidia GPU, you should not use this variant as it will cause lockups and will lead to freezes, but if you have a laptop, your Intel gpu will work well instead of Nvidia. In case you get any graphic glitches on this variant, you should switch to PrimeOS Standard.
This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.19 kernel and 18.1.0 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.

PrimeOS Standard 64 bit (for newer systems 2011+) -
Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2011, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 2nd gen or above OR Intel celeron N3350 OR AMD A8 5550M etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for Older Intel, AMD, Nvidia GPUs.
This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.

PrimeOS Classic 32 bit (for older systems) -
Use this variant if you have a cpu which was manufactured before year 2011, For example ->[ Intel Core i series 1st gen or below OR Intel Pentium dual core OR Intel Pentium G620 OR AMD Phenom II X6 1100T etc. ] Just enter your cpu model on google and you can find this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for all Old Intel, Old AMD and Old Nvidia GPUs. This version will also work on 32-bit systems, In case you cannot boot this variant of PrimeOS, you should try using PrimeOS standard or mainline.
This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.
that was taken from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78858613&postcount=2387

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNy2451sz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWX2zyWWGpM

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Prime OS - Android for desktop pc and laptops
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »
Downloading it now.... I will have a quick look-see!
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Crimson

• Contributor
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.
    • «FC» FunHouse Clan
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
I was able to test this on a few different devices today. I had great success with an ASUS laptop with a 2nd gen i3. It ran Angry Birds, Flow Free, Super Toss the Turtle, Sniper Strike, OfficeSuite, and MS Office 365 just fine. Pokemon Go ran, but couldn't verify because PrimeOS isn't a signed Android device. PubG installed, but crashed during the loading screen.

Of the other devices I tried, most were too old to run any of the three ISO's they provide. And the Dell Tower had issues during installation, but may have been due to the drive we were trying to install it on.

Overall, I'd say PrimeOS has a very bright future. Definitely worth a try so fire up your VM's.
Custom Linux PC Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 16GB DDR3 256GB M.2 NVMe 5.5TB Storage

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
Going to try this out on a couple of ThinkPad T530's that I have to see how the standard version fares.

Offline cimbakahn

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 02:27:24 AM »
I have Android on my laptop.  I needed it to be 'always on', but I can't find the settings to do so.  The best I can do is make it stay on for 30 minutes, but that's not 'always on'.  Also, i need to find a better way to organize my icons.
"If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll continue to get what you've always got."   

"Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."