Do you know where I can find a complete list of Linux OS installers?
Welcome, Guest.
I think Linux is a great thing in the big picture. It's a great hacker's tool and it has a lot of potential to become something more. -Jamie Zawinski

Author Topic: Do you know where I can find a complete list of Linux OS installers?  (Read 302 times)

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
I know that most of you (Or at least some people on youtube do) actually know the name of the installers used to install various linux OS distributions.  I was doing a quick search for list on startpage.com.  I typed in "list of linux OS installers"  and the search came up empty.  Do you know where I can find a complete list of Linux OS installers?

Note I'm looking for a list of the OS installer software, not a list of Distros.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Do you know where I can find a complete list of Linux OS installers?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
Are you referring to the Installer software used by distributions like Ubuntu? Ncurses (Arch) and Calamares (Manjaro and others) are the first two which come to mind... there are others but I cannot think of them now.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is an article you may find of interest... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login a reddit discussion.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
Re: Re: Do you know where I can find a complete list of Linux OS installers?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 01:54:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are you referring to the Installer software used by distributions like Ubuntu? Ncurses (Arch) and Calamares (Manjaro and others) are the first two which come to mind... there are others but I cannot think of them now.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is an article you may find of interest... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login a reddit discussion.

Spatry thank you for trying to help me out.  I am referring to the installer software used by distributions.  I wanted to find a complete list so that I could start researching them. Perhaps if there isn't such a list we could compile one here on Cup Of Linux?