FILE TRANSFERS OVER HOME NETWORK
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Join us Saturday on our Mumble Chat Server at 8PM EST for
Cup of Linux GAME NIGHT
Let's get the ball rolling on this one... Win prizes, HAVE FUN!

Author Topic: FILE TRANSFERS OVER HOME NETWORK  (Read 199 times)

Online Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
FILE TRANSFERS OVER HOME NETWORK
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
Here is a nice juicy one for all of my loyal penguin fans... In previous threads I mentioned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was a nice tool for sharing files over the home network but it had problems with handling large files. I am in a situation here where it is time to completely douche this computer and I wanted to backup all of my files to another computer. Nitroshare will not buid from the AUR anymore and qShare which was also mentioned on that thread is nowhere to be found.... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login thread made a mention of Dukto and I thought I would give that a try...
DUKTO IS AMAZING.... You can transfer folders filled with GIGS of content and you will not get any errors UNLESS you do not have full read write permissions on all of the folders and data. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the Dukto website. AND you can read more on it on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Manjaro users can build this from the AUR
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yaourt duktoGive this a try... Dukto is a wonderful tool to have in your software arsenal!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline joejohnston3

• Super Supporter
  • Staff Member
Re: FILE TRANSFERS OVER HOME NETWORK
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 01:02:26 PM »
Super awesome, Spatry! Thanks for the link and information.
Joe Johnston
LMDE

Online Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: FILE TRANSFERS OVER HOME NETWORK
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
Network speeds are acceptable too on both WIFI and ethernet. I have transferred my entire movie and multimedia collection using Dukto... this is awesome, even transfers hidden files too. Someone gave me a netbook this week with a 250gig hard drive... I figured I can use it as a temporary file storage and VL server he he! Interestingly enough, the netbook runs Manjaro XFCE minimal like a champ!

Interesting the things you can do with old tech lying around.... but that is another topic HA HA!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ