adding slideshow clip
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: adding slideshow clip  (Read 1124 times)

Offline azt

adding slideshow clip
« on: July 18, 2018, 07:09:28 AM »
Hi
I have about 1000 images and their filenames are not in the sequence I want to play them. I want to sort them by date created.

I've tried to do this by adding slideshow clip then using the image selection method -> filename pattern but I can't select anything and it says there aren't any images. I'm tearing my hair out, it can't be this difficult!
Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance
allab

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: adding slideshow clip
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »
In situations such as those I GET ANGRY and manually put those pictures in ONE BY ONE.... MY computer will obey ME! It has been a very ling time since I have attempted to use that feature in Kdenlive and it has also has been through so many changes, I am not surprised if something is BORKED in it. Sorry I do not have a better suggestion for you. 
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »
Hi
I have about 1000 images and their filenames are not in the sequence I want to play them. I want to sort them by date created.

I've tried to do this by adding slideshow clip then using the image selection method -> filename pattern but I can't select anything and it says there aren't any images. I'm tearing my hair out, it can't be this difficult!
Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance
allab

I would suggest checking for a file renaming app that could rename multiple files based on user criteria, and choose date for the criteria.

then you could have it rename all the files based on the date with something like "imageXXX" where XXX is a number. then KDEnlive will easily import the slideshow and the images will be in the sequence you created using the file renaming software.

There are a number of file renaming utilities, or you can google how to use the command line for bulk file renaming

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11:03 PM »
Bulk-rename ships with XFCE but works with other distributions and does the job well... 
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline fchaos

• Contributor
Re: Re: adding slideshow clip
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:30:31 PM »
Bulk-rename ships with XFCE but works with other distributions and does the job well...

yeah, that's what I was thinking but I could not remember and didn't want to make a claim I wasn't sure about.

I would say it seems like the easiest way to deal with the OPs issue.