Request New Features Here
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Request New Features Here  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Request New Features Here
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
I am working on an Easy Compiz Switching feature.  I would still ship with XFWM4 by default. But for those users that want those wacky effects, they can just click one button and load up a custom compiz profile just like that.  here is a demo.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login      let me know what you guys think. and Tell me about any other features you guys might want.  I can't include them all of course. But it would be useful to have an idea of what people want.  so Give me some feed back.  :)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Request New Features Here
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
I hope you do not use MY compiz settings LOL! Fusion icon is a MUST for controlling compiz! it also gives quick access ro CCSM and Emerald theme manager.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

Offline computerkid9

• I do not obey RULES!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:30:55 PM »
Great thing that you are including Compiz be default for the people who want it like me.
Mario Uribe,
Member of Cup of Linux and the Linux Distro Community
A Current user of Manjaro 0.8.9

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Re: Re: Request New Features Here
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope you do not use MY compiz settings LOL! Fusion icon is a MUST for controlling compiz! it also gives quick access ro CCSM and Emerald theme manager.

Nope. your settings aren't in this at all. only your Coffee mug graphic.  But I hope to have my own graphic by the time I put this into the release. this is just me testing things out.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
You are probably going to need a different obj model to put inside the cube.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

Offline dougthetechguy

• I'm a Ubergeek
    • Doug The Tech Guy Website
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
I think including Compiz is awesome that saves more work for me and will make things more noob friendly!
There is no such thing as asking a stupid question the only thing stupid is not asking!

Offline dathem

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am working on an Easy Compiz Switching feature. I would still ship with XFWM4 by default. But for those users that want those wacky effects, they can just click one button and load up a custom compiz profile just like that. here is a demo. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login let me know what you guys think. and Tell me about any other features you guys might want. I can't include them all of course. But it would be useful to have an idea of what people want. so Give me some feed back. :)
Hello, Matt, yes, I would love to see Compiz installed be default, it doesn't have to be active by default, just so it is easy to make it happen. While your at it, maybe install Kwin so that it can be turned on easily.

Check this out; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

check the post by Matt Merrell Kwin inside of compiz.
dathem
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:25:11 PM by dathem »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:26:30 PM »
by adding kwin you increase the size of your distro because it has so many KDE dependencies!

Offline Xmetalfanx

• Contributor
    • Xmetalfanx's Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 03:52:11 AM »
As I said on the youtube link, I think the idea of Adding compiz (installed) by default (set to XFWM as the default and Compiz can be enabled via the Fusion Icon) is a great idea.   With the news/reports of so many issues (not even counting the MDM issue i had on one of my machine, I am having random lockups ... ironically on that same PC)  with people and Manjaro.. I was wonder if the Compiz thing is "still on the todo list" or fixing the bugs (100% understandable) takes priority I bet.  I still say there is something about Manjaro that even when it starts acting up .. .It still (along with Mint and Arch itself) is one of my top distros... I rather troubleshoot Manjaro then switch to some of the others I have seen.

Installing Compiz is no problem for me if its not included.  I was just wondering if it still may be on the next ISO when its released.

Thank you Matt  for the work you've done on this respin (and even though *buntu based releases are not for me... for Ubuntu-based stuff, I stick with Linux Mint) .. those two respins as well

-Xmetalfanx
My Homepage  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (or mirrored at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Offline FNGCheapskate

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »
LibreOffice does not have LibreOffice-Base installed, you may want to add that as default.

Games you might want to add
Flobopuyo
Foobilliards+
Freeorion
Maelstrom
Monsterz
ZAZ
You might want to add Wine/Play on linux and Dosbox as well.

Post Merge: March 24, 2015, 11:18:42 AM

One of the reasons to use XFCE is to keep cpu and ram usage minimal. Compiz seems like a step that will negate that reason.

-----------------------------------------------------
Firefox
The scrollbar on the right seems to be about half as thin as it was in mint. So thin it's actually a little hard to click on. Still looking for where to modify this.

Post Merge: March 31, 2015, 04:22:34 PM
Ok the firefox scrollbar  is apparently a theme thing but I didn't want to have to play with those but found NewScrollbars (aka NoiaScrollbars) a FF extension that does what I want for the scrolllbar.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:22:34 PM by FNGCheapskate »