Zorin-OS webpage.
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Zorin-OS webpage.  (Read 109 times)

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
Zorin-OS webpage.
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:54:17 AM »
I dont know how many of you use or played with Zorin-OS. I'm trying to learn web design so i keep look at the page files ya know too see how they look. good way to get info too. If anyone who does webdesign like spatry does would be horrified at what i seen don't get me wrong it's a nice begginer distro and all, but whoever did there page was lazy as hell there's no proper spacing or anything. i was very scared by what i seen. have a look you'll see what i'm saying lol.
Linux is the world of computing were you make your own rules and decisions and not by some corporate aholes!!!!!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Zorin-OS webpage.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:48:47 AM »
I did not see anything wrong with the Zorin site on a webkit (Vivaldi) based browser. I think the site looks professional... It looks to me as though a template could have been used in the site design as it has a familiar appearance. 
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline farevildee

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Zorin-OS webpage.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 05:48:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did not see anything wrong with the Zorin site on a webkit (Vivaldi) based browser. I think the site looks professional... It looks to me as though a template could have been used in the site design as it has a familiar appearance.
when i looked at it it was all one continuous line lol. so i dont know what happened there. after i tried a different browser it looks more normal theres been some serious goofiness going on with chromium.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:56:41 AM by farevildee »
Linux is the world of computing were you make your own rules and decisions and not by some corporate aholes!!!!!

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »
Confirmed looking normal on my end. Really liking Firefox Quantum. They've pretty much worked out the major bugs with memory and CPU management within the browser.

Offline farevildee

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Zorin-OS webpage.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 11:52:27 PM »
Confirmed looking normal on my end. Really liking Firefox Quantum. They've pretty much worked out the major bugs with memory and CPU management within the browser.

no the page looks fine from that aspect but if you look at the page source thru chromium it's written as one continious sentance is what i was refering too. i think chromium has some issues goin on its been doin weird stuff to me

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Re: Zorin-OS webpage.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »
no the page looks fine from that aspect but if you look at the page source thru chromium it's written as one continious sentance is what i was refering too. i think chromium has some issues goin on its been doin weird stuff to me

Ah, I misunderstood. Just took a look at the page source on both Firefox and Chrome and it also comes up just as a single line. Chrome shows it just as a continuous sentence. I think it may be on the site's end. Also, before anyone hates on me I am on my work computer... ;)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:04:36 PM by Kalthrix »

Offline farevildee

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Zorin-OS webpage.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:48:36 AM »
Ah, I misunderstood. Just took a look at the page source on both Firefox and Chrome and it also comes up just as a single line. Chrome shows it just as a continuous sentence. I think it may be on the site's end. Also, before anyone hates on me I am on my work computer... ;)

well thats what i was wondering if they even knew it was happening. i mean the site shows up fine, but could that cause problems inthe future lol.

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
Not sure, I guess if it is working for them now should be ok. May be using some 3rd party app to make changes to the code, not sure. However, I agree that it may cause a headache for Artim when he goes to edit it in the future if that's not the case. He's always done a great job on the site. :)