I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
HELP WANTED: Volunteers needed to maintain our Linux Distribution Directory. See the sticky on the DistroHunt board. Thanks.

Author Topic: I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore  (Read 354 times)

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:53:37 AM »
On one computer I run linux lite 3.8 64  My other computer I run Linux Mint 18.3 xfce.  Just to be clear I can burn Distro ISOs to DVDs just fine!  

I tried DeVeDeNG 4.4.0 and 4.11.0.  Both failed.

I tried Brasero 3.12.1 and it failed.

I tried K3B Version 2.0.3 and it failed.

I tried Bombono DVD 1.2.2 and it failed.

I used to use DeVeDe but after they went to DeVeDeNG I've had nothing but trouble.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »
Maybe they are burning correctly but your home DVD player cannot read them. There are DVD +R and DVD -R disks and some players can only read -R while others will only read +R! It is really a mess that there is no industry standard for playback of home recorded laser disks. So try burning your video on both types of media and see which will play in the living room.
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
Re: Re: I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 10:46:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe they are burning correctly but your home DVD player cannot read them. There are DVD +R and DVD -R disks and some players can only read -R while others will only read +R! It is really a mess that there is no industry standard for playback of home recorded laser disks. So try burning your video on both types of media and see which will play in the living room.

I'm sorry Spatry I am not clear in my original post what the issue actually is.  I'm not having any problems with burning DVDs.  My problem is the programs that convert the video files into an ISO (Video DVD Format) keeps giving me errors during the conversion process.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:21:29 AM »
Ok... I saw your other thread on the types of DVD authoring software you are using. It is my hope that you will find a solution which will allow you to get your work completed. The only software I have for DVD is XFburn and it does not have utility for making menus on video disks.

"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:38:51 AM »
Ok... I saw your other thread on the types of DVD authoring software you are using. It is my hope that you will find a solution which will allow you to get your work completed. The only software I have for DVD is XFburn and it does not have utility for making menus on video disks.

I'm adding information to that thread.  I'm not having any problems with XFburn.

Offline sapphire

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 09:10:13 AM »
I'm adding information to that thread.  I'm not having any problems with XFburn.
Good to know. The old xfburn version in the past corrupted my CD. I've to go k3d to burn that with weird error(even it worked). So the current version better now then?
"Arch Way"?! All ways here are "My Ways!"

Offline gregorylock

• Contributor
Re: Re: Re: I can't seem to Burn Video DVDs anymore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »
Good to know. The old xfburn version in the past corrupted my CD. I've to go k3d to burn that with weird error(even it worked). So the current version better now then?

I don't know what is the latest version of xfburn.  The Version I'm using on linux lite 3.8 is 0.5.4-1 and it works for what I do.