Arch linux forum
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
Make sure you show up for game night! We have prize giveaways just for being there! Anyone can win!

Author Topic: Arch linux forum  (Read 355 times)

Offline Detroit_Bad_Boy

• If at first you don't succeed - sudo
Arch linux forum
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »
I was looking through the newbie section of Arch linux. For some of them they post the issue. Responders ask them to post the output of certain commands the user posts the output .......then nothing. Nada. Zip, zero, zilch.
What's up with that?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:56:46 PM by Detroit_Bad_Boy »
"I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that" - (HAL 9000) 2001: A Space Odyssey

Offline DQSII

Re: Arch linux forum
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:34:25 AM »
The arch community is ****ty to newbies but there is a pecking order in arch u have to prove urself that is as nice as i can say it :)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Arch linux forum
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:53:31 AM »
Without being judgemental here, it is well known that their community is not n00b friendly. Arch is VERY WELL documented and their members will scold people who ask questions without taking the time to look the item up in the guide. I can understand their reasoning behind this, those who do not like how they operate their forums can seek alternative venues for support. I find their forum to be most useful when answers are provided as they often explain "how and why".

I compose documentation for my own resale products which are used in VL communities completely unrelated to what we offer here. I attempt to be thorough and use language which everyone should be able to understand. Sometimes I will get irritated when someone asks questions which are answered in the enclosed READ-ME and I will politely direct my customer to look at the file.

This thread is related to the Arch Linux and therefore I will move this topic there... REMINDER... PLEASE POST IN THE CORRECT PLACE!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ