Manjaro Fixes screen tearing (So Spatry)
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Manjaro Fixes screen tearing (So Spatry)  (Read 215 times)

Offline DQSII

Manjaro Fixes screen tearing (So Spatry)
« on: April 09, 2018, 05:07:44 PM »
I did everything to try and fix my screen tearing issue i was having in arch to no avail ive sinced moved to manjaro xfce and found a much easier fix for fixing screen tearing with nvidia propriatery drivers in manjaro than i was trying to in arch linux :p

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Manjaro Fixes screen tearing (So Spatry)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
That comes to no surprise to me... I believe the Manjaro team may build and test their own driver stacks separately from what the Arch community is doing since their stuff IS ALWAYS bleeding edge. With Manjaro you can choose which kernel to run at the grub menu and can have multiple kernels installed -- point being? Each kernel has a driver set so lets say you decide to install the latest LTS instead of running cutting edge, it will not only pull in the kernel but it will also pull in needed proprietary blobs built against it...
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline DQSII

Re: Manjaro Fixes screen tearing (So Spatry)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
I wouldn't Doubt it either spatry just added my eye candy with compiz reloaded also and it works without a hitch no screen tearing whatsoever im a happy camper :p