Challenge For Spatry
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
Make sure you show up for game night! We have prize giveaways just for being there! Anyone can win!

Author Topic: Challenge For Spatry  (Read 589 times)

Offline DQSII

Challenge For Spatry
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »
Muhahaha Ok Spatry I have A Challenge For ya :D
Ok Uve Been On Manjaro For years now lets see if u can still install Arch The Arch Way and Make a video for us Doing it to prove it ;)

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
Re: Challenge For Spatry
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:05:33 PM »
He's not really in a situation to make videos right now with his laptop being cranky and noisy.  
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline DQSII

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 03:57:26 AM »
I completley understand and have no problem with that Hope he gets a new laptop soon :)

Offline eronis

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 04:02:58 AM »
Even an idiot could install Arch with "Arch Way". It just takes too long an some people are not keyboard wizards. I'm sure even if you give 1 week to a complete Linux beginner to install Arch Linux with Arch Way, he would figure out how to do it just by reading Arch Wiki. "─░nstalling" Arch isn't and accomplishment, just saying :P But to use it for everything, for server, for gaming, for desktop, everywhere, could be called an accomplishment though since you are able to memorize every single machine and maintain them individually. For lazy people, Manjaro does the job for us :P

Try LFS and learn real despair ! :D

Offline DQSII

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 04:27:59 AM »
Nope ive been using and installing arch the arch way since i learned how to back in 2015/2016 i have my notations i keep laminated on my office desk so i never forget how i won't use anarchy or antergos or such installers when i do arch

Offline eronis

Re: Re: Challenge For Spatry
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 04:45:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nope ive been using and installing arch the arch way since i learned how to back in 2015/2016 i have my notations i keep laminated on my office desk so i never forget how i won't use anarchy or antergos or such installers when i do arch
LOL :D You've 2-3 years of experience with Arch and you challange Spatry. I salute you sir ! :D

He was using Arch in 2012. I think he spent more time on Arch than you and me :P
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:37:41 AM »
Not only have I built ARCH I even took it a step further and did a LAME PUBLICITY STUNT where I installed Gentoo wearing Mum's Makeup! And installing Gentoo was even HARDER than building Arch LOL! I always suggest that people try building Arch so that they have an appreciation for what Manjaro brings to the table...
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline DQSII

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 01:59:00 AM »
I agree with u spatry but i still like arch better than manjaro even though manjaro brings a lot to the table as a distro

Offline eronis

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 03:46:43 AM »
I challenge Spatry to make a DOTA2 gameplay video and win the round in the end :D

Amnesia The Dark Descent or Penumbra series would be fun too though :D

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 08:38:57 AM »
And I challenge you guys to do something that REALLY matters....
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THIS WORLD!

No more challenges please... I have enough on my plate! Topic closed!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ