Hello from IL
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Hello from IL  (Read 186 times)

Offline Ercouper

Hello from IL
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:23:37 PM »
Just wanted to say hi to everyone.
I'm an experienced Windows user who has dabbled in Linux over the past few years....but am very much a noob still.  I started with Suse and have tried at least a dozen distros since then.  Currently my favorite by far is Mint Linux Cinnamon but I have Manjaro 17 on one of my spare PC's.  I'm sure that I can learn a bunch by cruising this excellent forum. :-)

Offline Crimson

• Elite Member
  • PC PrimeApe
    • Syndicate Underground
Re: Hello from IL
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
Hello and welcome to the dark side of operating systems, cookies are on your right. Enjoy your stay, one of the Mods, or if you're lucky Spatry, will give you a complimentary straight jacket with padded cell down the hall on your left, beware of stray cats, they're irritable and scare easy.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »
Just wanted to say hi to everyone.
I'm an experienced Windows user who has dabbled in Linux over the past few years....but am very much a noob still.  I started with Suse and have tried at least a dozen distros since then.  Currently my favorite by far is Mint Linux Cinnamon but I have Manjaro 17 on one of my spare PC's.  I'm sure that I can learn a bunch by cruising this excellent forum. :-)

Welcome Ercouper! Glad to have you with us. We have quite a few members here on the forum that use both Linux Mint and Manjaro. Both excellent distros from personal experience. Definitely, let us know if you have any questions or if anything comes up.

**Also, here's your complimentary straight jacket. Now, if you'll just follow me... lol

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:43:26 AM »
Welcome to the community, Ercouper! Like you I dabbled with Linux here and there while using Windows as my main OS. One day I found out Linux could handle my entire workflow and had the capability of running my favorite Windows Apps in WINE.... that is when I decided to kick Microsoft to the curb.

I have tried many distributions. Mint & Suse are awesome but Manjaro is my personal favorite. Feel free to look around... there is a lot of goodies here!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Dirty Helga

• Malevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Do you feel LUCKY today?
Re: Re: Hello from IL
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 07:48:07 AM »
Mint & Suse are awesome but Manjaro is my personal favorite.

If I see you talk about Manjaro ONE MORE TIME, I am gonna
SCREAM!!!!!!
Welcome Ercouper
If you BREAK the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I WILL SHOOT YOU!

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 07:54:59 AM »
oh no the demon has woken lol, hello and welcome to nuthouse meds to the left jackets to the right but the question is do u take the red pill 💊 or the blue pill 💊 one stops right here you wake up like nuttin ever happened you take the other and we show how far the rabbit hole goes lol 😁😜😎
Linux is the world of computing were you make your own rules and decisions and not by some corporate aholes!!!!!