Giving Fedora 27 a shot...
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Giving Fedora 27 a shot...  (Read 451 times)

Offline fraterchaos

• Mandelbrot Metal Mayhem!
  • Staff Member
  • Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Watch someone port wine to windows now...

it's been tried... there was something called Cygwin which tried to introduce a compatibility layer for running Linux code in Windows... needless to say, it was never comparable to WINE.
Science, like Nature, must also be tamed... with a view towards it's preservation. -- Rush

Offline CwF

Re: Re: Re: Giving Fedora 27 a shot...
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »
OH NO! That would break the space-time continuum! I would think that M$ would have a serious sh*t fit if someone were to develop a compatibility layer which allows people to run software which their operating system deliberately* deprecates!
*Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft has contracts written in BLOOD with Adobe, Symantec and other software developers to intentionally make their operating systems incompatible with older programs in order to generate more sales!
Ain't that the truth! If anyone is familiar with that fantastically talented Jap Hack Blackwingcat, there is proof for this allegation. Furthermore, if your behind a government contract you'd find many vendors have software for modern hardware running back to Win2k, let alone XP. Since the public doesn't pay they can't play, but your welcome to upgrade, again.

Fedora is tempting. I believe it is the foundation of QubesOS which I find impressive.

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
Re: Re: Re: Giving Fedora 27 a shot...
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 12:49:05 AM »
Is that sort of like the old maxim where it's not DOS until wordperfect doesn't run?

OH NO! That would break the space-time continuum! I would think that M$ would have a serious sh*t fit if someone were to develop a compatibility layer which allows people to run software which their operating system deliberately* deprecates!
*Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft has contracts written in BLOOD with Adobe, Symantec and other software developers to intentionally make their operating systems incompatible with older programs in order to generate more sales!
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.