Problem typing in steam i have greek locale but i have english layout
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
Make sure you show up for game night! We have prize giveaways just for being there! Anyone can win!

Author Topic: Problem typing in steam i have greek locale but i have english layout  (Read 686 times)

Offline chrisfromgreece

Problem typing in steam i have greek locale but i have english layout and i can't type in steam.
If i change my locale to english it lets me typing do you know why i'm having this problem ?

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
I've got to be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Does it give you any issues typing within any other application other than Steam?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline CwF

Quote from: chrisfromgreece link=topic=5605.msg32339#msg32339 date=151635621... and i can't type in steam.
[/quote

of no help whatsoever, but I have a theory! Do you use xfce?  And try a few things for me..
> can you flip over, or mouse over, or otherwise task switch and type elsewhere, then return to where you wanted to and still not type?
>Load the clipboards with something and try cut-n-paste a few letters into where text should go, try douibleclick paste from a terminal and from a text file ctrl-v and right-click menu it it's an option, THEN return to where the copy came from and test the paste...?

with the answers I may only say "huh, interesting.."
But this seems similar to an issue I get every so often, the mouse, or pointer, gets divorced from the keyboard. Mouse focus doesn't move the keyboard focus. That's why I'm asking for you to go back and forth and see if this is happening.