[SOLVED] Macbook pro 11,2 install
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Macbook pro 11,2 install  (Read 576 times)

Offline pkillpeers

[SOLVED] Macbook pro 11,2 install
« on: January 07, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
Hey guys,
Can this distro be installed in a macbook pro 11,2? anyone tried?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:37:01 PM by Kalthrix »

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Macbook pro 11,2 install
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:25:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey guys,
Can this distro be installed in a macbook pro 11,2? anyone tried?

The one on the COL landing page is out of date. I wouldn't recommend installing that one as a daily driver. Ben and Matthew Moore recently updated it to 1.17 in the mCOLE Community Edition respin. Would install this one instead. I have linked the project below.

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:31:18 AM »
Yeah, MCOLE is way out of date, arch-based distributions suffer from issues when you go too long without updating them and it's several years old now. I would suggest the newest manjaro xfce and then theming it up, I know Spatry was having issues with the Manjaro tools toward the end and was talking about just making his changes available in a repository.  Unfortunately if he did that it would still be years out of date.  

The other option would be the MM re-roll of mcole but even it might end up being somewhat out of date.  I never had a lot of luck testing it myself, it didn't seem to like virtualbox very much.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline eronis

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:47:57 AM »
Manjaro and Elementary OS was the only distros made my macbook pro's wifi work out of the box.

Offline pkillpeers

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:14 AM »
Hey guys, sorry for the very late reply. Turns out, i've been playing around with linuxmint 18.3, and with kernel 4.14.12 my macbook works extremely good. Perfect i would say. Anyway, i still would like to give manjaro a shot. Thanks for your tips.

Cheers