[SOLVED] Macbook pro 11,2 install
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Click the CHAT button above for connection details. Show up early, seating is limited, late entries will not be registered.
Make sure you show up for game night! We have prize giveaways just for being there! Anyone can win!

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Macbook pro 11,2 install  (Read 847 times)

Offline pkillpeers

[SOLVED] Macbook pro 11,2 install
« on: January 07, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
Hey guys,
Can this distro be installed in a macbook pro 11,2? anyone tried?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:37:01 PM by Kalthrix »

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Macbook pro 11,2 install
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:25:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey guys,
Can this distro be installed in a macbook pro 11,2? anyone tried?

The one on the COL landing page is out of date. I wouldn't recommend installing that one as a daily driver. Ben and Matthew Moore recently updated it to 1.17 in the mCOLE Community Edition respin. Would install this one instead. I have linked the project below.

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:31:18 AM »
Yeah, MCOLE is way out of date, arch-based distributions suffer from issues when you go too long without updating them and it's several years old now. I would suggest the newest manjaro xfce and then theming it up, I know Spatry was having issues with the Manjaro tools toward the end and was talking about just making his changes available in a repository.  Unfortunately if he did that it would still be years out of date.  

The other option would be the MM re-roll of mcole but even it might end up being somewhat out of date.  I never had a lot of luck testing it myself, it didn't seem to like virtualbox very much.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline eronis

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:47:57 AM »
Manjaro and Elementary OS was the only distros made my macbook pro's wifi work out of the box.

Offline pkillpeers

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:14 AM »
Hey guys, sorry for the very late reply. Turns out, i've been playing around with linuxmint 18.3, and with kernel 4.14.12 my macbook works extremely good. Perfect i would say. Anyway, i still would like to give manjaro a shot. Thanks for your tips.

Cheers