2017 Easter Bible Software Review Recommendations
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: 2017 Easter Bible Software Review Recommendations  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Jedidiah777

2017 Easter Bible Software Review Recommendations
« on: March 29, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
It seems that during Easter time an Electronic Bible Software Review has been done in years past.  I have two recommendations for 2017, both have native Linux support.  

My first and top recommendation is Bible Analyzer by Tim Morton.

Bible Analyzer is a free, cross-platform, Bible study software program developed to aid Believers in the reading, study, and defense of the Holy Scriptures. It is easy to use; even the advanced features. Features include...
The website is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and is free but can be extended with cool modules like AVp (for $8) which is a module that has hyperlinked names and places in the Bible text that link to the Exhaustive Library of Bible Locations/People, which then can link to interactive maps and graphical genealogies (like God's Bloodline Chart).  One can search pronouns (they've all been tagged) so instead of results just showing the name you searched for, one can find all the pronouns tied to a name.  Tim has a YouTube video at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login that explains it better than I.  His main YouTube channel for tutorials and features is at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  A cool function in the free program is the linking of a verse with audio KJB mp3 files like Alexander Scourby's.  You can link them and then click on a verse and it will start playing at that verse.  To many cool features to list here.

My second recommendation is the Pure King James Bible Search, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  This is an easy to use program but you MUST read the manual as it is completely different in searching than other Bible software programs.  If you search like others you will NOT like it because you won't think it is working correctly.  BUT it does things no other Bible software can do.  So it is not really a replacement for your main/favorite Bible Software but an additional very powerful Bible tool that nearly no one knows about.

If you have questions let me know.  I think a new annual video on how to install on Manjaro Linux (natively if possible but if not through wine), how you've configured yours after using it for a few weeks, and your impressions and favorite characteristics would be great.

One Bible program I really like is TheWord (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), unfortunately it doesn't have a native Linux version but some have success with it in wine.  So this might also be of interest.

I hope other people also will give their recommendations on Bible Programs to review.

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:15:00 PM by Jedidiah777 »

Offline joejohnston3

• Spatry BROKE it... I'm Telling!
  • Staff Member
Re: 2017 Easter Bible Software Review Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »
Hi Jedidiah777, and thank you for this! Spatry has done these reviews in the past and it is always nice to have some good Bible reference tools. This is great stuff!
Joe Johnston
Solus MATE