GOG Galaxy Client for Linux petition
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: GOG Galaxy Client for Linux petition  (Read 1699 times)

Offline scr1m3

GOG Galaxy Client for Linux petition
« on: February 04, 2017, 01:11:55 AM »
I'm sure most have already signed this petition. But for those who haven't, please do so. We need to let GOG know that Linux gamers are not going to install Windows in order to play DRM free games.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I believe this would be great for several reasons:
- Many more games would become available for Linux (particularly classic games). This may encourage more users to start using Linux.
- Steam is not DRM free whereas GOG is
- GOG would make more money. I believe this would be a very good move for them, they can't compete with Steam on the Windows platform but what if they captured the niche, Linux, DRM free, classic game market.
Just wrote this because I'm tired of checking that petition with no progress. Lets show GOG that we want this and maybe 2017 will be the year.

Offline aDewil

• Elite Member
Re: GOG Galaxy Client for Linux petition
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 06:52:24 AM »
i have already voted that to client to linux like steam in linux.

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »
Signed! Also game on Linux and it would be nice to see some classic titles made available. Thanks for sharing the link! :D

Also, sticky'ing the thread to get maximum visibility as will benefit the Linux community at large to see more games made compatible through the GOG Galaxy Client.

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:44:19 PM »
I had already voted but as I see it, there's very little technical reason they couldn't port it fairly quickly.  The client as far as I can tell from running it in wine is based around the qt libraries, so the toolkit is already cross-platform.   
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:10:04 AM »
I would also like to see GOG Galaxy On Linux

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 06:48:54 AM »
LQQKS Like there are still people signing the petition so it is not too late to do so if you have not done it already! I Love GOG and I hope they will continue to contribute to Linux gaming!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Ironclaw

• Terminal Multiplexer
  • Staff Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 05:14:24 PM »
It's frustrating, I really want to support GOG more, but I find myself on steam because of convenience.  There is at least one version (1.1.12 beta) of galaxy that will run through wine and I use that if I want to do a lot of downloads at once rather than have things get frustratingly slow as the connection fills up and takes longer and longer to respond.  Even then, you have to be careful not to let it update itself which it will ask to do regularly.  Plus, of course, most of the bundles that I end up buying are steam keys.
If you must persist, I will be forced to tar you, then gzip you and finally umount you.