Add Privacy Badger To Chromium
Welcome, Guest.
Do you want Bill Gates' MANDATORY Covid-19 Vaccine? Sign this petition!

Author Topic: Add Privacy Badger To Chromium  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Linux Lounge

Add Privacy Badger To Chromium
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Privacy Badger is a great plugin that Ive started to use in my mint install, unlike adblockers and other such software it doesn't just block everything out of the gate, instead it builds a blacklist of trackers and blocks them

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Add Privacy Badger To Chromium
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:47:33 PM »
The web browser that ships with mCOLe is monetized out of the box. You wouldn't begrudge me to try to get a little return for my time invested in building my OS now would you? It is up to the user to decide which plugins they want to use. It completely defeats the purpose if I include ad blockers and other mechanisms which prevent the browser from generating a meager revenue.

Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Linux Lounge

Re: Re: Add Privacy Badger To Chromium
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »
The web browser that ships with mCOLe is monetized out of the box. You wouldn't begrudge me to try to get a little return for my time invested in building my OS now would you? It is up to the user to decide which plugins they want to use. It completely defeats the purpose if I include ad blockers and other mechanisms which prevent the browser from generating a meager revenue.
Of course you should be able to make a little bit of return from an OS that you build, however privacy badger isn't a adblocker by design, more it only blocks tracking domains, some of which are ads

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Re: Add Privacy Badger To Chromium
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 09:04:16 AM »
Of course you should be able to make a little bit of return from an OS that you build, however privacy badger isn't a adblocker by design, more it only blocks tracking domains, some of which are ads

I can see Spatry's point on this though, because it can be used as an ad blocker, it really doesn't help with what little he generates from ADs. If me, wouldn't personally want that to be cut off and if anyone that uses Privacy Badger figured this out, then Spatry would essentially be stomping on his own foot if he added this. I will have to admit that it is a nice little extension and does more than just block ads, but at the same time it still blocks ads. Anyone familiar with ad blockers can whitelist the site, but including something like that by default doesn't seem to favor his setup though.

Glad you mentioned it though. Still working on learning more about the extension, however seems pretty handy.