Compiz-Reloaded SUPPORT
Welcome, Guest.
I think Linux is a great thing in the big picture. It's a great hacker's tool and it has a lot of potential to become something more. -Jamie Zawinski

Author Topic: Compiz-Reloaded SUPPORT  (Read 12481 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Compiz-Reloaded SUPPORT
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 08:56:41 AM »
Look above.... I told you that the package has been fixed and I tested it on manjaro.... it does build from the AUR now.
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Sawy7

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 04:49:02 AM »
Hi, I was just wondering if there is an option to not use Emerald and just use gtk themes instead. If so, how do I do it and how to configure gtk themes with compiz installed? Thanks

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi, I was just wondering if there is an option to not use Emerald and just use gtk themes instead. If so, how do I do it and how to configure gtk themes with compiz installed? Thanks
Do not build nor install emerald... when you build compiz core it also compiles compiz-gtk support so you have it out of the box... you configure your window border in your systems window manager.

Offline ABOhiccups

• The Prestigious TURD Club
  • Disrespect got me BANNED!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 02:04:50 PM »
This is a wired issue with Compiz Reloaded installing to Manjaro.

So, this is really confusing and don't know what is going on while trying to install Compiz Reloaded.

I did install Compiz Reloaded. I installed Stable Version of Compiz Reloaded on Pamac and it won't install Emerald and Fusion Icon. I installed Developer Version (-git) on Pamac and it won't install Fusion Icon.

I tried installing Compiz Reloaded Stable Version on Terminal, it installed all Packages without issues.

I know it sounds very confusion. This is really wired. I don't know if it's just me or Manjaro itself.

I did installed Compiz Reloaded on Arch Linux (not Manjaro) with Pamac. I don't have the same issues with that. This is really wired. I know you're all ready confuse. I was confuse too.

If anyone has the same wired issue. Just with me know.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 02:12:04 PM »
I could not duplicate the issue so it must be something misconfigured on your system. Compiz-reloaded packages build fine and I used 3 methods to test it on Manjaro. I used yaourt, makepkg & pamac. All methods worked as expected. At one time there was a build issue and it was immediately fixed upon reporting it to the developers on IRC... so... if you are having problems, you need to use IRC to contact the developer. Compiz-reloaded is under heavy development.

Offline badboy350

Re: Compiz-Reloaded - TUTORIAL THREAD
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 09:38:29 PM »
Hello, will this compiz reload work on linux mint 17 xfce? Sorry, I'm kinda noob.
Thank you guys.

Offline pawel

Re: Re: Compiz-Reloaded - TUTORIAL THREAD
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 02:47:12 AM »
Hello, will this compiz reload work on linux mint 17 xfce? Sorry, I'm kinda noob.
Thank you guys.

I don't see why it shouldn't. Especially if it's in the repositories.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Compiz-Reloaded - TUTORIAL THREAD
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 03:15:52 AM »
Thank you guys.
You posted in the wrong place so I moved this to the correct area. Your question was answered in the tutorial thread; in the video and in the post. I supplied links to the documentation you need. Please take the time to read the information I supplied.

Offline pawel

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »
Strange thing. Emerald doesn't work after the latest Compiz update. The decorator is still set to
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
emearld --replace in CCSM, but there are no borders. When I manually do
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
emerald --replace nothing happens, but I get the message "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". I wonder if anyone else has this issue.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »
Confirmed. You may need to report the issue to the #compiz-reloaded team on freenode IRC so it can be looked into... I will be tied up all day and cannot do that presently. In the meantime the GTK window border may be your only option until this is resolved.

Offline pawel

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 10:20:50 AM »
OK, thanks. I've never used IRC, but I'll try.

Offline badboy350

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 02:19:28 AM »
Ok, I have installed Compiz-Reloaded on my Linux Mint 17.2 xfce. I followed the family procedure but having some issues: only hand full of preset animation works. All the extra animations are present but can't get them to work. Not sure what else to do. I wanted the burn effect and some others but no luck yet.

Offline pawel

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
I've replaced Compiz Reloaded with Compiz0.9 for now. It has fewer effects, but the essential ones are there and it's working, including Emerald.

Offline viptron

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 07:17:37 PM »
Hi Everybody  some body have a tutorial to Install compiz Fusion on the last Version on Kali Linux ( Rolling ) 64 Bits.. Thanks for Your Help any Tutorial is Welcome... Nice Topics ;)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »
Kali is a Debian derivative. Use the debian documentation in the tutorial thread and you should b e good to go...