[SOLVED] date/time 8 hours off on reboot
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] date/time 8 hours off on reboot  (Read 1031 times)

Offline snowpaw

[SOLVED] date/time 8 hours off on reboot
« on: February 24, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »
I have been pulling my hair out over this.  The date/time for Manjaro remains correct.  However, on every reboot, my Windows 10 is off by 8 hours.  I have reset the Windows date/time many times but it won't stay where I set it on reboot.  Is there any fix for this, other than re-installing using the command line?  Because I don't think I have the experience to install the entire system with the command line.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:14:55 AM by snowpaw »

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Re: date/time 8 hours off on reboot
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »
There is a super easy solution. A simple .REG file that i created that changes Windows over to UTC base time. You download it. Double click.  FIXED!!!!.    :)    

Post Merge: February 24, 2016, 05:22:59 PM

The following Link is my video on this, and below in the video description is a download link to the .reg file. After reboot Windows, Then resync the windows time clock with the Internet time. It might take a few reboots before the clock gets right, You may even have to manually set you BIOS clock to match UTC Time. But the .reg file is the key to all this. It will work. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:26:31 PM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline snowpaw

[SOLVED] Re: date/time 8 hours off on reboot
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:35:44 AM »
Thank you for your help, Matthey!  I will do this right now.  Fixed and done!  It all worked like a charm.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:42:55 AM by snowpaw »