Torrents for Manjaro mCOLe
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Join us Saturday on our Mumble Chat Server at 8PM EST for
Cup of Linux GAME NIGHT
Let's get the ball rolling on this one... Win prizes, HAVE FUN!

Author Topic: Torrents for Manjaro mCOLe  (Read 2857 times)

Offline MindfulProtons

Torrents for Manjaro mCOLe
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:20:59 AM »
Hello everyone,
My name is MindfulProtons, and I was wondering if there were any torrent downloads, if not, I would really appreciate for them to be here for a 1.8GB distro.  :)

Thanks,
Mindful

Offline JayVii

• Staff Member
    • JayVii's Page
Re: Torrents for Manjaro mCOLe
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »
Hello MindfulProtons and welcome to COL :)
I'm guessing the issue with torrenting mCOLe would be, that there aren't that many people using it (compared to the main Distro "Manjaro"), so there barely would be any seeders out there and thus making the download awfully slow :/
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:13:05 AM »
Im thinking of making a torrent download for cup of linux, jusrt wating for the new release

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
Re: Re: Torrents for Manjaro mCOLe
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »
Hello MindfulProtons and welcome to COL :)
I'm guessing the issue with torrenting mCOLe would be, that there aren't that many people using it (compared to the main Distro "Manjaro"), so there barely would be any seeders out there and thus making the download awfully slow :/

Might be able to get enough people seeding it eventually at peaks times to ease the download time. However, beyond that I would have to agree with you that it would probably be faster to just download direct.

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
I am considering the possibility of becoming an OFFICIAL Manjaro maintainer... Since I build my own packages and have my own repository, I might opt to have MONTHLY release cycles for mCOLe rather than every 6 months... This means that issuing torrents might not be the best option as monthly snapshots will deprecate quickly... I have developed a method of building Manjaro FASTER and I am in the process of adding polish to my distribution based on user feedback. At present, I have not experienced many download issues with SF, so IT WILL BE IDEAL to keep official downloads there rather than having a continuously changing torrent every month...

If the community is still PUSHING for torrents, I need a methodology which will give us accurate download counts (completed downloads). Having an accurate measurement of architectural usage is essential.
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »
I am considering the possibility of becoming an OFFICIAL Manjaro maintainer... Since I build my own packages and have my own repository, I might opt to have MONTHLY release cycles for mCOLe rather than every 6 months... This means that issuing torrents might not be the best option as monthly snapshots will deprecate quickly... I have developed a method of building Manjaro FASTER and I am in the process of adding polish to my distribution based on user feedback. At present, I have not experienced many download issues with SF, so IT WILL BE IDEAL to keep official downloads there rather than having a continuously changing torrent every month...

If the community is still PUSHING for torrents, I need a methodology which will give us accurate download counts (completed downloads). Having an accurate measurement of architectural usage is essential.

I wouldn't mind updating a torrent monthly and assuming the rest of the community can change what their seeding I think it could go rather well

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »
THE NEW OWNERSHIP of SOURCEFORGE has brought new life into the open platform. They are removing malicious applications from projects made by the previous owners. These things did not affect Linux distributions. Therefore, I will continue to utilize sourceforge for ISO delivery. At present, I do not have the time nor the additional resources to setup torrent peers and THERE STILL has not been presented a method of counting completed downloads through torrents. 
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Linux Lounge

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 02:39:21 AM »
THE NEW OWNERSHIP of SOURCEFORGE has brought new life into the open platform. They are removing malicious applications from projects made by the previous owners. These things did not affect Linux distributions. Therefore, I will continue to utilize sourceforge for ISO delivery. At present, I do not have the time nor the additional resources to setup torrent peers and THERE STILL has not been presented a method of counting completed downloads through torrents.

Would make sense, good job their cleaning up sf making it a better site overall

Offline chazo1701

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
souceforge is to slow 16 hours to download a file we need a torrent