will not boot after update
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: will not boot after update  (Read 1236 times)

Offline jeffofnh

will not boot after update
« on: May 27, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
I am a noob and I will sound it. I installed Matthew Moore distro on Manjaro.and it went smoothly. I then ran into passkey issues when I tried to update it. I found these steps online and ran the updated with no problems. I rebooted the system and now it is hung at the point of the Manjaro with the heartbeat continuously going. I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or not. I am using a Dell Studio 1737 dual core with 4GB. My only option I believe is to reinstall
These are the steps I followed:
sudo pacman-mirrors -g     # This will update the mirrors
sudo pacman -Syy           # This will sync your local package-list
sudo pacman -S gnupg       # This will (re-)install your gpg-keys
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro   # This will re-populate your Arch- & Manjaro-keys
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys                 # This will refresh your pacman-keys
sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring               # This will install the archlinux-keyring
sudo pacman -Syyu          # This will finally upgrade all your package

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:48:26 AM by jeffofnh »

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Re: will not boot after update
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »
This is also happening to people on The main version of Manjaro too.  This seems to happen every couple of releases. I don't know what the Dev's are doing. But they seem to be good at breaking things.  This is their Answer to the problem. Try this. see if you have any luck.  https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=14445.0      Also there is a similar issue in Arch. You might find some useful info here.  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=159296     Since i haven't personally experienced this, i don't have a solid answer for you.  I just know that this problem is not unique to my spin, This happens on all the Manjaro flavors. And only effects a small number of people.  :/  

Offline JayVii

• Staff Member
    • JayVii's Page
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:28:23 PM »
The message you referenced was You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. However, the very same message also provides another solution, in this the above mentioned doesn't work. So you should probably try this as well... ;)

Also, a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is given in the thread. If all of these do not work, dig deeper into that thread. there are a lot of other solutions, already written down there.

Cheers!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jeffofnh

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »
I upgraded the PC and experimented with some of the solutions provided. None of them worked. But I did notice one thin wth the mhwd command. Before the upgrade output was as follows:
[jeff@manjaro64 ~]$ mhwd -li
> Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           video-intel            2014.10.03                true            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

After the upgrade and reboot

jeff@manjaro64 ~]$ mhwd -li
> Installed PCI configs:
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
           video-intel            2015.04.10                true            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

Is there anyway of installing the previous version to see if that is the problem?