voyager
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: voyager  (Read 3299 times)

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
voyager
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:56:39 PM »
ok yall im back with another adventure in linux land coming too you today with voyager linux been running as my daily driver for well over a month now and can say very nice stable distro based off of xubuntu 14.0.4.2 and it also available as debian ive changed the theme too suit my taste better with using slickness black very nice theme it does come with the voyager background with a conky in a sense of speaking very nicely done comes with steam and plays very nicely with steam ive managed to get a few windows games to run in wine also and comes with a selection of a few games too and come with an ecliptic list of app too many too name here and many more apps that can be taken from the ubuntu repositories overall a nice light distro as it is xfce can be made too look just about ant way u want it You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the link too there website and couple of screenshots of my desktop

and if you notice the control panel on the right in second screenshot which is a nice little feature and very nicely done so for all you ubuntu debian fans or linux noobs coming too the forum and not sure what to use give it a shot good for beginners and seasoned vets alike good luck
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:29:56 PM by farevildee »
Linux is the world of computing were you make your own rules and decisions and not by some corporate aholes!!!!!

Offline joejohnston3

• Spatry BROKE it... I'm Telling!
  • Staff Member
Re: voyager
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:02:22 AM »
This looks very nice, farevildee!! Voyager is a pretty nice distro and you have really given it some class.
Joe Johnston
Solus MATE

Offline farevildee

• Tyrannical Rule Enforcer
  • Staff Member
  • Linux is learning and freedom
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:55:03 AM »
you have too lol i have a few distros i use on a regular basis but the distro hopper in me has a couple computers set aside to try distros on lol
Linux is the world of computing were you make your own rules and decisions and not by some corporate aholes!!!!!

Offline KeeKee

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:46:26 PM »
Although I have a well running Mint 17 I was setting up computers on our TV's and came across XuBuntu / Voyager as media friendly so tried it and am glad I did.
It not only runs quick but plays super well with my mid range graphics cards and having the equalizer handy is nice when watching movies of different sound ranges.

Offline Kalthrix

• Staff Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »
I need to give this distro a try. I have seen it plenty of times on Distrowatch, seen screenshots, but have never actually downloaded/tried it out. It looks really nice farevildee.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline fraterchaos

• Mandelbrot Metal Mayhem!
  • Staff Member
  • Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 01:42:34 AM »
hmmm, I might just give this a whirl in VB...

Looks very nice
Science, like Nature, must also be tamed... with a view towards it's preservation. -- Rush