MUST READ: The importance of posting questions on the forum.
Welcome, Guest.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

JOIN US FOR ANOTHER LIVE STREAM!
Thursday October 18th @ 7PM EST UTC -5
TOPIC: Fun With Open Broadcast Studio
Visit Spatry's Cup of Linux on Youtube!

Author Topic: MUST READ: The importance of posting questions on the forum.  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
MUST READ: The importance of posting questions on the forum.
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
Expanding on Rule 8: SUPPORT - Please post your questions on the FORUM and wait for a response. After you have posted your question on the forum you may direct people to your post in the chatroom or Mumble voice server. DO NOT use the IM system for support questions unless someone asked you to.

There are several reasons why we want you to post your questions on the forum rather than using the IM system or asking in open chat services.
  • Posting your question on the forum giving detail to the system you are using and the problem you are encountering gives Staff and Members of the community a chance to research and provide you with a solution.
  • Solutions provided on the forum will help others who encounter the SAME problem. Many posts come up in search engine results from this site.
  • Getting an answer from the chatroom or voice server only helps you and does not help anyone else. This is why I encourage users to post solutions to the forum post... it is OK to get support in the chatroom and the voice server. When a solution is given, you can update your post as solved and provide the answer.... We keep what we have by sharing that knowledge.
  • When we share knowledge openly and freely... EVERYONE BENEFITS. This is why we are here in the first place.
So please post your questions on the forum before asking for support in the chatroom or Mumble voice server. Avoid posting questions via instant messaging unless you were asked to do so. Just because someone is listed as being online, does not necessarily mean they are in front of the computer. Sometimes I will be listed as online but I have another task at hand and I am unable to answer right away.

As the administrator of this board, I READ all incoming messages. I do not respond to all of them. I do not know everything. The more I learn, the more I realize that I DO NOT KNOW. With help from this community, I am learning more every day.

"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ