[SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.  (Read 60822 times)

Offline Druid

• Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
[SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »
<From Spatry> It seems too many people are having problems updating Manjaro regardless of what flavor they are using. PLEASE READ THE SOLUTIONS provided in this thread BEFORE POSTING ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH THE GUI UPDATER. The GUI (Pamac) sometimes spits out authentication errors or problems with PGP keys. The information provided below will solve those problems when done correctly. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS update your system with:
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
sudo pacman-mirrors -gto update the mirrors and get faster download speeds - If you get an error use this command for pacman-mirrors instead
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack
sudo pacman -Syyuwill force synchronization of lists and update the system. This command may need to be run twice.

I have installed mCOLe and started the upgrade process but after all downloads have been downloaded I get several errors:
error: jasper: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/jasper-1.900.1-12.10-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: compiz08-gtk-standalone: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/compiz08-gtk-standalone-0.8.9-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libpulse: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libpulse-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: lib32-libpulse: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-libpulse-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: pulseaudio: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pulseaudio-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
I obviously replied YES to have these packages deleted but im wondering why this is happening? Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thankyou
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
  • There Ain't no Party like an Old School Party.
Re: Upgrade issues.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 04:50:51 PM »
looks like the pgp keys are out of date / invalid

try the following in terminal:

sudo pacman-mirrors -gUpdates Mirrors
sudo pacman -SyyForces update of lists
sudo pacman -S gnupgsynchs and/or reinstalls gnupg
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinuxUpdates pacman keys
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaroUpdates pacman keys
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keysrefreshes pacman keys
sudo pacman -SyyuForce list update and synchronize packages on system. Ii the above does not work... REMOVE ALL KEYS as shown below and start over at the top of this list.
sudo rm /etc/pacman.d/gnupgIf that does not work.... SHUT OFF pgp signature checking as a last resort: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Upgrade issues.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
Thanks for chiming in Synrgy... I always update with the following command and I never get errors... I will sticky this thread because it may help people who run into the problem
sudo pacman -Syyu
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
Re: Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 06:52:06 PM »
Yeah, I normally -Syyu but it can sometimes "miss" the keys for whatever reason, has happened to me a few times mostly after a fresh install though.

Awesome editing BTW, I didn't have time to explain everything while posting :D

(Also, there's no e in Synrgy ;) hehe)

Offline Druid

• Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
Re: Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 10:56:26 AM »
Everything seems to be up and running, thank you guys and Spatry I LOVE the theming on this distro its awesome!
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Offline neeko

Re: [SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »
Thanks a lot for commands, i juste installed Arch and i was unable to update it.

I registered to thank you and to point an issue : you've written "sudo pacman-keys" when it's "pacman-key".

Offline Synrgy87

• Contributor
Re: Re: [SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 01:35:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks a lot for commands, i juste installed Arch and i was unable to update it.

I registered to thank you and to point an issue : you've written "sudo pacman-keys" when it's "pacman-key".

fixed, also that line should have been removed as it's useless (other than listing possible commands for pacman-key)

so will fix that too :)

Offline western

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
Thanks for pining this guys, just switched over to the cup of linux version from an ubuntu distro, saved me pulling out a few hairs :D 

Offline wewhitt

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 03:50:12 AM »
I followed this Pin above to a tee - and I still cannot update due to a PGP key.

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(540/540) checking keys in keyring                           [################################] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 4096R/, "Antonio Rojas <You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login>", created: 2014-10-21? [Y/n] y
error: key "Antonio Rojas <You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login>" could not be imported
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Like I said I went throught above sequence from Synrgy87 three times.
I would love to fix this - I am using the Cup of Linux - freshly downloaded - :-)
Bill
Be like a postage stamp - stick to one thing until you get there!!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 06:06:59 AM »
Welcome to the community, wewhitt :D <sigh> These PGP keys are starting to become a major annoyance. I updated the above post but figured I would also offer another suggestion as well. First, lets purge the existing keys:
sudo rm /etc/pacman.d/gnupgThen repeat the steps mentioned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Dirty Helga

• Malevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Do you feel LUCKY today?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 06:39:03 AM »
If ALL ELSE FAILS... Here is the DIRTY WAY to FORCE pacman to install your updates:

You can disable PGP signature checking completely. Edit /etc/pacman.conf as root and change PackageRequired to Never as shown:
[core]
SigLevel = Never
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[extra]
SigLevel = Never

[community]
SigLevel = Never

[multilib]
SigLevel = Never
And Vice Versa to revert the change back after you successfully update... Save file then force package list synch and update with:
sudo pacman -SyyuI remember the old days (when running Arch) before pgp key signing became compulsory. Now it seems we have troubles since Manjaro staff is rapidly changing and new keys need to be acquired. Disabling pgp key signing should only be done as a LAST RESORT...

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use 
sudo pacman -Syyu to update Manjaro... DO NOT use Pamac (GUI) to update the system... Sometimes the GUI misbehaves... Use the terminal for updates... The terminal is your FRIEND!
If you BREAK the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I WILL SHOOT YOU!

Offline wewhitt

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
Thank you for your efforts - this worked. I was able to dump the keys and follow your instructions - updated with no issues. This may sound like a dumb question - I am very new to arch linux - the Pacman features and Yarout or whatever that is ... going through this procedure above - does this open up every PPA available. I know in Ubuntu I seemed to be adding PPA's a lot - this isn't the case in arch - am I right?
BTW - what made come to this distro was Spatry's YouTube channel and his how too's. I freakin love this distro so far - what an amazing breath of fresh air from all my other duel boot's. I can't tell you how I appreciate the efforts that went into this - to all involved ..... THANK YOU!!!!
Be like a postage stamp - stick to one thing until you get there!!

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 01:37:35 AM »
There are no PPAs in Manjaro. You use pacman to install packages from the Manjaro repository. yaourt on the other hand will let you install packages from BOTH the main repositories and the AUR (Arch user repository). Always run pacman as ROOT... NEVER run yaourt as root.

The AUR is maintained by users and sometimes you may find some packages do not build properly. Yaourt is a pacman helper which reads PKGBUILD script, ensures you have the dependencies and compiles them for you on the fly. 

A google search on "pacman arch" and "yaourt" will explain almost everything you would want to know. Yaourt accepts most of the command-line switches pacman does.

Offline Bendo

• Forum Staff
  • Staff Member
Re: Re: [SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
If you need more information in addition to what Spatry summarized:

( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )
( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )
(( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ))

Offline Luki

• Manjaro Testing
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
I have made an alias from some of the commands:

alias fixit="sudo rm -f /var/lib/pacman/db.lck && sudo pacman-mirrors -g && sudo pacman -Syyuu && sudo pacman -Suu"

Paste that to .bashrc and use fixit to execute.
#Manjaro @ freenode.org