[SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.  (Read 57606 times)

Offline Maou

Re: [SOLVED] Resolving pacman-key update issues.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2015, 10:03:54 AM »
I got my problem temporarily fixed, because I have to do this again after two or three updates.
My gpg keys always go to oblivion once a week.

Offline paulobraz

• Linux&Companhia
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On Manjaro
sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman -Syu

Offline toddgrim

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »
Three times now Spatry has bailed me out with this solution when someone, who shall remain nameless, has blown up his OS and had to reinstall. Thank you!
But I do wonder why Manjaro hasn't made this go away by now. . .
t

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2016, 03:05:43 PM »
toddgrim, this issue should not be happening if people update their distributions once a week... I have not seen this issue surface in a long time... Welcome!
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Suma

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »
After running the pacman command to get the manjaro and arch keys, then refresh the mirrors, and finally the Syyuu my virtualbox install of Manjaro XFCE is creepingly slow.
During the Syyuu, after running for nearly five or more minutes, it just crashed and came back to nothing but a single blinking dash until I forced it to shutdown.  Starting back up, it went through the GRUB load screen, then as the five dots fill and rest while it loads, it cycled this seventeen times, and at five seconds each, that's 105 seconds, to just dump out to restart again.
After this restart, it took almost sixteen cycles or 90 seconds to finally load the login manager.  This screen no longer has fields for typing, I just did a best guess and got logged in.  Which just to get the background to display took nearly another minute.  And double-clicking anything takes a half a minute to open.
I re-ran the -Syyuu and it repeatedly told me there were files that were nothing but blank files and some other strange messages.  When it finished I tried once more, and it came back with nothing to update.  So, I restarted once more, and it took even longer than before to get to the desktop and let me attempt to run anything.
Double-clicking the Home folder on the desktop took more than a minute just to open, and another twenty to thirty before it went from a blank white box to showing my home folders and files.
Before I re-install, anyone have any ideas?  I cannot work on this with it in this state.
I like my sig like my linux; clean and simple.  So, if you're going to go linux, go Arch or go Win10

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2016, 02:41:25 PM »
Are you aware that Virtualbox is having issues with distributions running kernel 4.2 and higher? I am guessing that could be your problem. Also if you waited too long between system updates you could end up with breakage. 

For virtualbox performance, I only USE 1 CORE and 1 Gig of ram for XFCE. That is all that it should need. I have found that some OS's can act wonky when more than one core is selected. I am not sure why that is...
"Wipe that NERVOUS expression off of your face, 3PO!" -General Leia Organa SWTLJ

Offline Suma

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »
I have it set to one core, for the same reasons that you stated Spatry.  I do have it set to 2Gb of RAM, but that's what I typically run any VBox with.

As for the issues with 4.2 and higher issues, I did not know that, and until today; I've not had any issues either at home or at work.  I was just trying to get things to a point I could use shared folders because I have VB attached to the open internet where my work machine is on the highly constrained company internet.  I just needed to download FileZilla for a windows 7 machine and needed the open net connection.

However, I still cannot get the shared folders to work, so I'll probably set up a Win7 virtual for these needs for the moment and continue to play with Manjaro.  Besides, I needed an excuse to try out the lates mCOLe release.  :)
I like my sig like my linux; clean and simple.  So, if you're going to go linux, go Arch or go Win10

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »
I have provided the solve for the shared folders issueYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login... We do not change the topic of threads on this forum.