[SOLVED] Remastersys
Welcome, Guest.
“Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.” ― Linus Torvalds

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Remastersys  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Rico

[SOLVED] Remastersys
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:25:56 PM »
How to add remastersys to Linux Mint 17.1, already know how to add it to ubuntu, but if it's the same, please do tutorial anyway, spec..for mint cinnamon 17.1.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:12:46 PM by Deckard Cain »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Remastersys
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:32:41 PM »
Welcome to the community, Rico. Open a terminal and issue the following commands:
Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutse-young/remastersys
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install remastersys remastersys-gtk
Hope that helps :D
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline Rico

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:47:59 PM »
info for remastersys Worked great! Thank you. Maybe not true...When I' went to use the newly created ISO - this happen!

Id not find kernel image vesamenu .c32 = What is this and how to fix...

Assuming that remastersys does not work on Manjaro (hope i'm wrong), but I'm getting ready to learn with Matthew Moore how to Manjaro ISO using his video on youtube.
However, would be nice to know what distros with LTS until 2019 does remastersys works on and if the same info for mint 17.1 (sudo), is the same for all.
And yes sudo is a command for ubuntu base, but how on others?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:57:52 PM by Rico »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »
At present we use ManjaroISO (soon to be replaced with manjaro-tools) for rolling your own Manjaro styled OS. I have no desire to try remastersys, not even sure if it would work...
Windows assumes the user is an idiot... Linux DEMANDS Proof!

Offline trzalica

• Manjaro Xfce
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Remastersys project is pretty much dead but you can try Black Lab Image Creator which is a fork of Remastersys.
Maintainer of AUR packages:
apache22
php-apache22

Offline Rico

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 08:27:36 AM »
Thank You!
I' even tried Black Lab Linux itself, but it was buggy at least in my system.
The Black Lab Image Creator is not free and even if the price is now lowered its still up there, but I can give a go if I must, however Remastersys original is working at least for now, the problem I was experiencing was maybe temporally fix by me using a bit of good guesses as to what was happening before. Since then I invested more time in Manjaro mCOLe by Spatry (lived) and wanted to install Manjaro by MM on a separate HDD first. Wanted a dual boot with both Manjaros without partitioning the HDD myself, cuz it's a thing I've only done once or twice before and I don't like doing at all. The dual boot was not to be because the spatry version wanted to wipe clean the hold drive. Called it a day and now on the next day (today), will try a work around.

Edit 1: Update:

This post can be label as SOLVED:
Remastersys does not work at all, maybe even causes browsers like Firefox to stop connecting or its just a buggy firefox as usual but in any case Remastersys does not work, if however it still works in your remixes in circa 2015 then please let me know.
I've moved to Opera and its a charm in Linux, Chrome I only use for Netflix and Black Lab Imager DOES WORK AWESOME!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:12:35 PM by Deckard Cain »

Offline Deckard Cain

• The wonderful wizard of Trisquel
  • Staff Member
  • Stay a while, and *nix!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »
Thank you for posting that the topic may now be solved, however you have now created a "double post" which is not allowed on the forum. A double post is when a user makes two posts one after another such as what you've done. In the future, please use the modify button on your previous post and append the post with the new content. Because modifying a post does not alert anyone of a new post; modify your post and message a moderator (such as myself) and provide a link as well as tell them that it may be solved.

Because double posting is against the rules, I MUST give your account an infraction.
Stay a while, and *nix!