Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore  (Read 29523 times)

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
I am Proud to announce that My Linux Distro is complete. I have been working on this for some time. Many People from My YouTube Community have been asking for this. Well here it is. Thanks to all you guys here on the Cupoflinux forums for helping make this possible. :) Below is a Video Demonstration and all the Download links. I will also be providing support as needed though this Forum. Thank you for downloading my Disto. Enjoy. :)

Demo:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Download Here:

Main Page:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:41:13 AM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »
Matthew, you did a magnificent job on this distribution. I will post MY REVIEW of it in this section once it becomes available.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

Offline drum

• Spatry's IRON FIST!
  • Contributor
  • the Spamhammer
    • linux-mania
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:27 PM »
great job Matthew, just when i have my manjaro the way i wanted you come with this >:(, just kidding keep up the good work ;)
The "Penguin" has arrived - and he's not going away - ever.
It's not the software that's free; it's you.
"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way." You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline computerkid9

• I do not obey RULES!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »
You did a really good job on this respin of Manjaro Matthew_Moore.So fa I have encountered no issues.Now its Spatry's turn to release his respin.Keep up the good work Matt.
Mario Uribe,
Member of Cup of Linux and the Linux Distro Community
A Current user of Manjaro 0.8.9

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
Re: Re: Manjaro By: Matthew_Moore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
You did a really good job on this respin of Manjaro Matthew_Moore.So fa I have encountered no issues.Now its Spatry's turn to release his respin.Keep up the good work Matt.

Give it time... I have a lot on my plate right now.. I will get to is sooner or later...
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

Offline Drakon

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:49:20 AM »
Oh, my, that is just great. I want to start a dual boot Linux on flash project and I'll use this distro instead of default Manjaro :)

I'm a sucker for userfriendliness and effectiveness, so I'm looking forward in trying it.

Thank you Matthew Moore

I'm waiting for Spatry's video on this one :)

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »
AT this time I am unable to get the 64 or 32 bit working in virtualbox. I made an exhaustive effort to try to get them running properly. I will wait for the next release and try again.

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:57:34 AM »
Spatry: somebody else figured it out.  seems the vboxvideo.so driver file is missing.  I don't see that in the repos.  But that's what the problem is.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:59:40 AM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 11:15:56 AM »
I used the MHWD to install driver and it would not work. Please find out if they installed from guest additions iso or manually installed it some other way.

Thus far, to install I had to put the number 3 in the boot options before allowing to run with default selection. Then key in "manjaro" as password at the prompt. once logged in run setup to start CLI installer. After installation MDM greeter appears and you can select fail safe terminal.

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
I Asked. Still waiting for a response.   I had a look at my image build script.   under xorg drivers  these lines were there.     so it should have worked.

## Virtualbox Drivers
>free_uni virtualbox-guest-utils
>free_uni KERNEL-virtualbox-guest-modules

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 02:11:55 AM »
I used the MHWD to install driver and it would not work. Please find out if they installed from guest additions iso or manually installed it some other way.

Spatry:  i have been working on getting this sorted. i found the source of the problem. i just don't know how to fix it.  i rebuilt the image and added the Xorg  drivers for Vbox. and also tried adding the kernel Modules. the build puked out some errors seen below revealing the problem.  This is why it isn't working in V-box for you. Problem is. i don't know how to fix it.   :-\  The arch Wiki says to add these modules ( vboxguest, vboxsf and vboxvideo )   to /etc/rc.conf.  but that directory isn't in my build. so i'm not sure what to do. got any ideas?

installing linux313-virtualbox-guest...  [----------------------] 100%
===> You may want to load vboxguest, vboxsf and vboxvideo
depmod: ERROR: Module 'hci_vhci' has devname (vhci) but lacks major and minor information. Ignoring.
(698/852) installing linux313-virtualbox-host-...  [----------------------] 100%
===> You must load vboxdrv module before starting VirtualBox:
===> # modprobe vboxdrv
depmod: ERROR: Module 'hci_vhci' has devname (vhci) but lacks major and minor information. Ignoring.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:13:56 AM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 02:16:23 AM »
Is there a way you can add it yourself or is it that the Manjaroiso does not permit you to do that?

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 02:27:26 AM »
Is there a way you can add it yourself or is it that the Manjaroiso does not permit you to do that?

I can manually go into the system folders and edit anything i need too once i build it.  i will just have to recreate the .ISO from those files after i change them.  But i don't know what to edit, what to add, or where the heck it's suppose to be in manjaro in order to fix it.  Also some people that have downloaded this spin say virtualbox works fine.  so i really don't know what to do to fix it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:31:46 AM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 02:31:35 AM »
That would be a good one to ask PhilM next time you see him in #manjaro on IRC! He is in there quite often.

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 01:04:01 AM »
ok Guys. All the .ISO's have been updated to include the Virtualbox Kernel Modules and Vbox Xorg drivers, and also a few more unrelated bug fixes.  i am still not sure if Vbox is working because i have no way to test it since my Computer doesn't have a CPU with Virtualization capability. So it would be a big help if somebody could test that out for me and let me know. I have done everything short of downgrading the kernel to fix this.  So let me know how these new .ISO's work out for you. This is my first Respin of Manjaro, and it's only a few days old. So bare with me and understand there are Kinks that need to be worked out as with any new software. But bare with me. I promise i will do what i can to fix any issues you guys might have. Rome wasn't built in a day.  ;)