HOW to find Linux software alternaives.
Welcome, Guest.
The Chatroom is BACK! --Spatry

Author Topic: HOW to find Linux software alternaives.  (Read 7568 times)

Offline terranz

Re: HOW to find Linux software alternaives.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
Just a note on the example.  I was asked to edit some videos at work and went through that list but the only thing that really worked was blender and a YouTube tutorial, not to mention if someone sees your screen while you're doing the simplest thing they'll be impressed.

Offline Mel2012

Re: Re: HOW to find Linux software alternaives.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 03:14:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One of the best ways to learn is by BREAKING THINGS... much the same way as I learned how to use Windows. A wise man once told me "If you can learn from YOUR mistakes, you are pretty smart, but if you can learn from someone else's mistakes, you are a genius!"
I think that depends on the mistake, Spatry. I once cut-and-pasted my entire C-drive (ie. all the contents of my C-drive. Files, Folders, EVERYTHING) from my "C"-drive over to my "Desktop". And just by doing that, [and ONLY that,] I SERIOUSLY messed up my computer. (And it took more than just a simple "Hard-Drive-Crash Recovery Disk" and "System Boot Recovery" Disk/Floppy-Disk to get my Windows 98 computer back in working order (let alone PROPER working[/running] order).

After that I decided "never again" will I mess with something without knowing what it does beforehand and/or what it will cause [to happen] on my computer   beforehand ("beforehand" in this latter case as-in "before I actually start doing it").
It's just too much risk.