Manjaro_By_MM will be Collaborating with CupofLinux.
Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Manjaro_By_MM will be Collaborating with CupofLinux.  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Manjaro_By_MM will be Collaborating with CupofLinux.
« on: May 30, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »
Hello guys.
As you know I have my own Manjaro Respin.  ( Manjaro_By_MM )  After speaking with other members of the community and Spatry, We have decided that merging our efforts to create one consolidated Distribution is the best way to serve you guys.  So we will be collaborating on the Manjaro Cupoflinux edition  and truly making it a community built Distribution.  We feel that this collaboration will better serve you the community, And hopefully help push Manjaro  a little more into the mainstream.  Spatry is still the head developer of  the Cupoflinux Edition.  So he will have the final say. So for those of you that are big fans of This Distro, Don't worry. it's still the same project it was before.  Collaborating our efforts can only improve the project. The goal is to make the best software offering possible for our friends here in the Cupoflinux community.  If you have any feature request for this project Please see this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. If you would like to work with us on this project and contribute to the cupoflinux distribution  we welcome that.  Please sign up to be a member of the team You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. We look forward to working with you.  :)  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:07:00 PM by Matthew_Moore »

Offline Ben

• Resident WIZARD
  • Staff Member
Re: Manjaro_By_MM will be Merging with CupofLinux edition.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
Great to hear, I always like seeing projects come together like this.  I feel like Manjaro just needs a bit of tweaking to be truly beginner friendly, and your distros have come the closest IMHO. 

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »
Welcome to the TEAM, Matthew! We will have a lot of great plans for the next release of the Manjaro Cup of Linux edition! Those of you who weant to take part in that please consider posting using the links provided above. Thank you!
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

Offline linuxguy7123

• Banned: Rule Breaker
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
Wow. Manjaro BY MM and Manjaro Cup Of Linux that are both great distros are merging together.
This is cool.

Offline Xmetalfanx

• Contributor
    • Xmetalfanx's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 07:37:23 PM »
Great news.
(not even counting the fact that I love stock Manjaro), both of you have made such great tweaks (many of which I already did, to stock Manjaro... using either of your distros was like having stock Manjaro + 1/2 the tweaks I would do, "out of the box") to Manjaro and the fact that two of the nicest respin distros are merging is great to hear. 
To make a perfect Manjaro the way I like it (honestly, I would "take this and that tweak from MM's respin and then that tweak over there" from Spatry's ) .. I also have to say some issues I had (not sure why this is) with some of .89 releases lately do not appear in ".8.10 RC" (just decided to give it a try) .. .so I think the .8.10 "final" (if you can call it that) may be out soon...
The hardest part of dealing with both respins until now was "I only have one extra partition... and have to choose between the two"
-Xmetalfanx
My Homepage  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (or mirrored at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Offline Spatry

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator - Sysop
  • Cup of Linux Founder
    • Cup of Linux
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »
I am working on the 0810RC to throw at beta testers right now... Matthew and I talked all day. We both decided on what packages to include and now I am assembling a nice OS for you guys to try...
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

Offline Kueller

• Spatry's Security Guard
  • Staff Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 01:43:53 AM »
Cool stuff. Looking forward to what this collaboration will bring.

Offline niculinux

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 03:34:44 AM »
Absolutely agree on that! So peraphs mattew you would focus on ubuntu respins?
"The only thing you need because the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

(Edmund Burke)

Offline Matthew_Moore

• YouTUBE Show Host
  • Contributor
  • The Other Guy. :)
Re: Re: Manjaro_By_MM will be Merging with CupofLinux edition.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Absolutely agree on that! So peraphs mattew you would focus on ubuntu respins?

I could if I didn't think Ubuntu was such a piece of crap.  :/   But we'll see.  the two spins I have now are LTS releases. Xubuntu supported for 3years.  Ubuntu for 5 years. 

Offline gregorylock

• Elite Member
Re: Manjaro_By_MM will be Collaborating with CupofLinux.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »
I think this also a very good idea.  I imagine it's hard to maintain your own distro all by yourself.  I have a lot of respect for both you and spatry.  good luck.
* I bought a Mug.